jeudi 5 février 2015

Procrastination is your worst enemy

Hello world,

Today i'll talk about one of the worst enemy you will fight in your life: procrastination.

In french we have a quote for this: "Ne remets pas au lendemain ce que tu peux faire le jour même."

which means: Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

I used to joke with friends: "Ne remet pas a demain ce que tu pourrais bien ne jamais faire" which means: Never put off until tomorrow something you can never do... Ahah...

First, i used to read Gaston Lagaffe during my childhood, Gaston Lagaffe is a popular lazy but clever character in french/belgium comics (called BD). I really like this comic as even the character was an antihero he was sympathetic.

Personally i'm very lazy, but when it's needed i can be a hard worker, but sadly when i'm at home it's really difficult to get the motivation to develop instead of playing games on Steam... -_-'

Making a game is very exciting to me but i'm too impatient to watch the results that i can demotivate quickly when i see my progression is slooooooooow...

Of course the fact i make 4h a day of transportation for an uninteresting, time-consuming, demotivating, alimentary but correctly paid job can explain my procrastination too.

I can only develop during week ends.

Oh well! yeah! maybe i can code late at night during week, but i woke up early and get back home late so... NO LIFE. The joy of working in Paris, the center of the world...

But I keep hope and motivate myself to learn and develop the (too many) games I want to make. That's the objective of this blog, motivate me to carry on.

I believe I'm not the one to be a professional procrastinator (I used to say "porteur de la flemme olympique" unfortunately the joke is better in french than in english...) so, if whenever one of you have some tips or advice please tell me :D

I promise i will share mine once I found some ;-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire